- Edmonton cab drivers told try free gum, no political talk, in fight with Uber
Thu Feb 11, 2016 @ 11:10pm
EDMONTON - No talking politics or religion, free gum and water, and maybe a red rose for customers on Valentine's Day. ...
- Asian shares slide as bank fears add to global gloom
Thu Feb 11, 2016 @ 9:07pm
Asian shares slid on Friday as mounting concerns about the health of European banks further threatened a global economic outlook already under strain from falling oil prices and slowdown in China and other emerging markets ...
- House committee passes bill to privatize air traffic control
Thu Feb 11, 2016 @ 8:30pm
WASHINGTON - A Republican-controlled House committee on Thursday endorsed a bill that would wrest responsibility for running the nation's air traffic control system from the government and turn it over to a private, non-profit corporation run by airlines and other aviation interests. ...
- Infrastructure spending to be distributed based on fairness, says minister
Thu Feb 11, 2016 @ 8:00pm
VANCOUVER - The federal infrastructure minister is pledging to disburse a "fair share" of new funding to every region of the country, even while some provincial economies flag and others project growth. ...
- Report on maple syrup industry urges Quebec to drop quota system
Thu Feb 11, 2016 @ 7:36pm
Quebec should end its strict quota system for maple syrup in order to stop market share erosion and to better compete internationally, says a new report. The report, commissioned by the provincial agriculture department, noted that Quebec has lost 10 per cent of world market share over the past 10 years and risks losing another […] ...
- Canaccord posts worst loss in its history
Thu Feb 11, 2016 @ 7:32pm
Results are worse than the Street was expecting ...
- Mercer International posts profit of $21.7 million in 4th quarter
Thu Feb 11, 2016 @ 7:30pm
VANCOUVER - VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) _ Mercer International Inc. (MERC) on Thursday reported fourth-quarter profit of $21.7 million. ...
- Merus Labs posts loss of $686,000 in 1st quarter
Thu Feb 11, 2016 @ 7:20pm
VANCOUVER - VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) _ Merus Labs International Inc. (MSLI) on Thursday reported a loss of $686,000 in its fiscal first quarter. ...
- Investor fears converge on bank stocks as sell-off spreads
Thu Feb 11, 2016 @ 7:08pm
Banks have been under pressure as a result of loan exposure to the energy sector but now negative rates pose a new threat to profits ...
- Ex-Irish bank executive agrees to return to Ireland
Thu Feb 11, 2016 @ 7:05pm
BOSTON - The former chief executive of Anglo Irish Bank, now living in Boston, has dropped his fight against extradition and agreed to return to Ireland to face fraud charges. ...