- Yen’s fall sparks auto showroom battle
Sun Feb 15, 2015 @ 5:00am
Mazda Canada targets market share gains as Japanese manufacturers gain edge from softening currency ...
- U.S. investors warming up to Air Canada's promise, says New York analyst
Sun Apr 20, 2014 @ 8:00am
Air Canada's financial promise is piquing the interest of U.S. institutional investors seeking a way to profit from the turnaround of another North American carrier, according to a New York analyst. ...
- Traders look to another heavy slate of earnings news following solid gain
Sun Apr 20, 2014 @ 7:41am
Investors hope markets can build on the respectable gains chalked up last week after getting reassurance about the Chinese and U.S. economies. ...
- General Mills abandons controversial legal policy to strip consumers of rights
Sat Apr 19, 2014 @ 11:47pm
Food giant apologizes, rescinds website fine print ...
- Barrick Gold and Newmont Mining still open to merger: source
Sat Apr 19, 2014 @ 5:59pm
Barrick, the world’s biggest gold producer, and Newmont, the world’s no. 2, have had to cut costs to deal with lower bullion prices ...
- GM delayed recall despite thousands of complaints: documents
Sat Apr 19, 2014 @ 4:50pm
DETROIT - Government documents show that General Motors waited years to recall nearly 335,000 Saturn Ions for power steering failures despite getting thousands of consumer complaints and warranty repair claims. ...
- Number of EI recipients in Sask. rose slightly in Feb.
Sat Apr 19, 2014 @ 12:24pm
The number of people receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits in Saskatchewan rose by 1.9 per cent in February, the second increase in three months, Statistics Canada reported Thursday. In Saskatoon, the number of beneficiaries increased for the fifth consecutive month, up 3.9 per cent in February, while in Regina it was up by 1.4 per cent, following three consecutive monthly increases. “We’ve got an uptick in that. It’s not dramatic,” said Doug Elliott, publisher of the monthly statistical newsletter Sask Trends Monitor. ...
- Sask. inflation rate up 2.8% in March
Sat Apr 19, 2014 @ 12:09pm
Saskatchewan’s inflation rate rose 2.8 per cent in March from the previous year, the third-highest increase in the country, behind Alberta and P.E.I., Statistics Canada said Friday. ...
- Wilk appointed CEO of Livestock Services of Saskatchewan
Sat Apr 19, 2014 @ 10:39am
Livestock Services of Saskatchewan Corp. (LSS) has appointed Cameron Wilk as its CEO, the umbrella organization for livestock producers requiring inspection services announced Thursday. ...
- Yedlin: Carter's pipeline 'truths' aren't
Sat Apr 19, 2014 @ 10:12am
Will there ever be an end to the largely uninformed commentary and analysis about the oilsands and the evils of the Keystone XL pipeline? This week, former U.S. president Jimmy Carter, alongside nine other Nobel Laureates, sent Barack Obama a letter urging rejection of the project. ...