- EU calls for UK to 'Brexit' quickly; Britain wants more time
Sun Jun 26, 2016 @ 1:49am
LONDON - The European Union wants a quickie divorce, but Britain wants time to think things over. ...
- British bracing for world economy to punish UK for 'Brexit'
Sun Jun 26, 2016 @ 1:20am
LONDON - The British were warned for weeks that a vote to leave the European Union would result in economic pain. Now they'll find out whether it will. ...
- Major battle over oil terminal unfolds in Pacific Northwest
Sat Jun 25, 2016 @ 10:48pm
SEATTLE - Two companies proposing to build what would be the nation's largest oil-by-rail marine terminal along the Columbia River in Washington see it as an opportunity to link domestic crude oil from the Midwest to a West Coast port. ...
- George Soros calls for reconstruction of EU after Brexit vote
Sat Jun 25, 2016 @ 10:47pm
The billionaire investor called for thorough reconstruction of the European Union in order to save it, even though he warned that Britain’s vote to leave the bloc makes ‘disintegration of the EU practically irreversible.’ ...
- TransCanada takes next step to get $15 billion for Keystone XL rejection
Sat Jun 25, 2016 @ 9:50pm
CALGARY - TransCanada Corp. is moving forward with its attempt to seek more than $15 billion compensation under the North American Free Trade Agreement following the U.S. government's rejection of the company's proposed Keystone XL pipeline. ...
- Certainty Obama once had about Britain has been shattered
Sat Jun 25, 2016 @ 3:50pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama could count on Britain to back him at nearly every turn during his first 7 1/2 years in office. He knew British leaders had the global clout and shared perspective to be powerful U.S. partners. ...
- TransCanada files $15-billion Nafta claim over U.S. rejection of Keystone pipeline
Sat Jun 25, 2016 @ 1:24pm
President Barack Obama last November determined that the pipeline, which would have carried Canadian oil sands crude to the U.S. Gulf, was not in the national interest ...
- Trump tries to play down Americans' fear of Brexit fallout
Sat Jun 25, 2016 @ 12:51pm
ABERDEENSHIRE, Scotland - Donald Trump is trying to play down Americans' fears about the possible financial fallout from the United Kingdom's vote to leave the European Union. ...
- Famed attorney F. Lee Bailey files for bankruptcy in Maine
Sat Jun 25, 2016 @ 11:48am
PORTLAND, Maine - Famed attorney F. Lee Bailey has filed for bankruptcy in Maine in an effort to discharge an IRS debt of more than $5 million. ...
- Britain's leaving the EU. What should I do with my money?
Sat Jun 25, 2016 @ 11:48am
As many people around the world are trying to wrap their minds around what just happened in Britain, you may also be wondering "What does the Brexit mean for my money?" ...