- HSBC warns of risks to world economic growth as profit dives
Tue Feb 21, 2017 @ 1:10am
HONG KONG - London-based bank HSBC reported Tuesday that annual profit slumped by more than 80 per cent following a year of "unexpected economic and political events" that contributed to volatile markets and influenced investment activity. ...
- Court considers constitutionality of Ohio execution process
Tue Feb 21, 2017 @ 1:00am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A federal appeals court will hear arguments Tuesday over the constitutionality of Ohio's lethal injection process as the state tries to start carrying out executions once again. ...
- Fox News host Brenda Buttner dies at age 55
Mon Feb 20, 2017 @ 9:40pm
NEW YORK, N.Y. - Brenda Buttner, host of Fox News Channel's "Bulls and Bears" has died after a battle with cancer. She was 55. ...
- Official charged in United flight bribe case dies at age 62
Mon Feb 20, 2017 @ 9:10pm
LAMBERTVILLE, N.J. - A United Airlines lobbyist and longtime state official accused of conspiracy in a shakedown benefiting the former chairman of the agency that controls New York City-area airports has died. ...
- Deadline looms for Dakota Access pipeline protest camp
Mon Feb 20, 2017 @ 9:00pm
CANNON BALL, N.D. - As dawn breaks over an encampment that was once home to thousands of people protesting the Dakota Access oil pipeline, a few hundred holdouts rise for another day of resistance. ...
- How former Olympian Cassie Campbell-Pascall invests her money
Mon Feb 20, 2017 @ 6:32pm
The former women’s hockey star-turned-broadcaster started early and plays it safe with her investments ...
- First-quarter results for Big Six banks to roll in with a bang
Mon Feb 20, 2017 @ 6:24pm
Despite warning signs from energy volatility to rising consumer debt, ‘on balance’ reporting should reveal positive growth, analysts say ...
- Why Lazard CEO Kenneth Jacobs expects emphasis on growth in the Americas
Mon Feb 20, 2017 @ 5:30pm
The investment bank’s decision to expand to Canada was part of a larger strategic shift to align with clients’ expansion plans ...
- How Trumponomics turns into a global trade war
Mon Feb 20, 2017 @ 5:13pm
To avoid a trade war, it is important that U.S. tax reforms be revenue-neutral and geared at expanding the supply side of the economy ...
- Greece, lenders agree to work out new reforms to unblock aid
Mon Feb 20, 2017 @ 5:03pm
Greece needs a new tranche of financial aid under its 86 billion euro bailout by the third quarter of the year to meet debt repayments ...